African braids (braids) – a very practical and comfortable hairstyle. It not only looks original, but also for a long time eliminates the daily styling and burdensome care.
Removal of braids. First of all, it is worthwhile to find out what to do with the Brades after the time allotted for them. How to weave African braids at home:
- cut the braid with scissors at the level of the tips of native hair;
- gently brush the pigtail with a fine needle;
- near the hair roots, smoothly pull the pigtail so that it slips off the hair easily;
- unravel the stick with your fingers;
- wash your hair with a nourishing shampoo after weaving all the braids, apply a vitamin mask.
To process proceeded quickly and efficiently, you can use outside help or resort to the services of a specialist.
Monotony You should also prepare for the fact that for about three months you will look the same, and this can quickly get bored. In order to avoid monotony, you can make hairstyles from African braids:
- braid one of them or several large braids;
- collect pigtails in a ponytail;
- lay brady in a shell or a bundle;
- tint pigtails;
- wearing African braids with bangs.
In fact, the options are not limited by anything, the main thing is fantasy. Moreover, the hairstyles made from African braids are convenient, they are quite flexible and well fixed.
The technique of weaving African braids
What will be required. Braids at home are quite simple; it will take a lot of patience and a small set of tools:
- Comb with rare teeth.
- Special threads.
- Small silicone rubber bands or a device for soldering braids. Also suitable glue for brades.
Weaving African braids comes with threads of lightweight synthetic material called Kanekalon. It does not cause damage to hair and does not burden them, it exists in several versions for different types of hair.
Sequencing. How to make African braids:
- on the eve of weaving do not wash your hair;
- carefully comb your hair and gently part;
- near the parting in the region of the nape, separate the rhomboid small segment and draw out a strand of the desired thickness;
- it is good to comb this strand and fasten the kanekalon thread in the form of a mattress as close as possible to the roots;
- split the hair with kanekolon on 3 equal parts and braid a tight pigtail. It should be remembered that, by braiding the pigtail to the level of the tips of your own hair, you need to add a little Kanekolonovoy thread. This will help give the braid a uniform thickness along the entire length;
- The end of the pigtail can be made out in different ways. Most often, it is sealed with a special device or glue. Also use silicone gum, decorated with beads;
- braid the rest of the hair according to the above instructions, moving from the back of the head to the temples;
- at last the top is braided. Here the number of brades should be the maximum.
Knowing how African braids are woven is not enough to do a good job. This process is quite simple, but laborious and time consuming, it takes about 7 hours. It is recommended to practice in advance in braiding and train someone else for help.
Types of African braids
There are several types of brades:
- Pigtails with a smooth tip.
- Pontail braids – long wavy tip.
- Wavy afro-braids.
- Senegalese harnesses – made by twisting two pieces of hair.
- French patterned pigtails.
- Thai braids.
- Pigtails with large curls.
- Zizi braids – interweaving of finished braids.
Brady do not require special care activities, they are simple enough to keep clean. African braids – how to wash:
- the procedure is carried out at most once a week;
- use a small amount of shampoo and apply it only on the scalp;
- themselves braids enough rinse with warm water.
It is undesirable to apply balms and hair masks, because they are difficult to remove from the braid and make it difficult for them to unwind.
Braders and wizards in beauty elephants deny harm to African braids. Even on the contrary – this procedure does not damage the hair and protects them from harmful external influences. The only reason for the deterioration of the hair after removing the braids is improper weaving with the use of low-quality materials.